At any one time nearly one in six of the workforce can be affected by a mental health condition. In order to encourage positive mental wellbeing it is important that the organisation provides the right support and promotes a healthy and supportive working environment. As an organisation we have a variety of support mechanisms and resources to help promote positive mental wellbeing. Cardiff and Vale University Health Board is a signatory for Mindful Employer, a charity which aims to eliminate the stigma associated with mental health. As an organisation, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board is committed to ending the stigma and discrimination associated with mental health problems and has signed the Time to Change Pledge.
Employee Wellbeing Service
The Employee Wellbeing Service (EWS) is an on-site, confidential service for Cardiff and Vale employees. We accept self-referrals only and do not share our records with any other person, service or department in the UHB. You can ring us on 02920744465 or email email@example.com or download a referral form here.
Coping with Stress
We all know what it’s like to feel stressed - being under pressure is a normal part of life. But becoming overwhelmed by stress can lead to mental health problems or make existing problems worse. Read more about stress and how to cope with it.
- Stepiau primarily provides accessible self-help resources and links to local services (as a first step to developing mental wellbeing.
- C.A.L.L. is an All Wales community help and listening line offering confidential support for anyone in Wales. The service can be accessed via telephone or text and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Employee Wellbeing Service counselling service is free, confidential and independent meaning your manager will not be informed of your visit. The counsellors can help with a variety of emotional problems you may be facing and may offer additional sessions or alternative forms of help depending on your needs. The Counselling service is available over a variety of sites so you can be seen at a location which is convenient for you.
- Psycho Educational Workshops are run by the Employee Wellbeing Service which are one day courses which aim to help staff to understand their emotions and control them. Some of the courses are “Understanding why I feel stressed”, “Learning how to say what I really want to say” and “How can I handle my emotions”.
- UNUM Stress Awareness provides various modules aimed at staff and managers including what is stress, why manage stress and recognising stress.
- Domestic Abuse Procedure
- Mindfulness Resources are available here
- The Silver Line is a free, confidential helpline for older people providing support, information and advice 24/7.
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing English Cymraeg
- Healthy Working Wales