- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Don't touch your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are showing symptoms of illness.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue or sneeze into your elbow. Throw the tissue in the garbage and make sure to clean your hands afterwards.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you suspect that you/your child may be suffering from infection with COVID-19 contact the Children's Kidney Centre prior to attending. It may also be appropriate to contact NHS 111 who will provide further advice but there are specific indications for calling this number which can be checked here. Currently the advice is only to contact this number if you "cannot cope" with the symptoms at home.
- With recent kidney transplants – first three months immediately after transplant
- On high level of immunosuppressive medication for active disease undergoing induction treatment - those who are currently receiving or completed treatment within 6 weeks of high dose steroids of 20 mg/day or above (or 30 mg/m2/day) AND cyclophosphamide or rituximab or other very powerful immunosuppression
Listed below are some links you might find helpful: