Your information is also used to help manage the NHS in providing healthcare. It may be used to:
- Review the care given to patients to make sure it is of the highest possible standard.
- Make sure services are planned to meet patients’ needs in the future.
- Investigate complaints, legal claims or important incidents.
- Ensure money is appropriately allocated to the Health Board to pay for services it provides.
- Check and report on how effective the NHS has been.
- Make sure that the NHS and its services give value for money.