Achieve joined up care based on ‘home first’, avoiding harm, waste and variation, empowering people and delivering outcomes that matter to them.
Empower the Person
- Support people in choosing healthy behaviours
- Encourage self-management of conditions
- Enable people to maintain or recover their health in or as close to home as possible
Outcomes that matter to People
- Create value by achieving the outcomes and experience that matter to people at an appropriate cost
Avoid harm, waste and variation
- Adopt evidence based practice, standardising as appropriate
- Fully use the limited resources available, living within the total
- Minimise avoidable harm
- Achieve outcomes through minimum appropriate intervention
For Our Population - we will:
- reduce health inequalities;
- deliver outcomes that matter to people; and
- all take responsibility for improving our health and wellbeing.
Our Service Priorities - we will:
- offer services that deliver the population health our citizens are entitled to expect.
Sustainability - we will:
- have an unplanned (emergency) care system that provides the right care, in the right place, first time;
- have a planned care system where demand and capacity are in balance; and
- reduce harm, waste and variation sustainably making best use of the resources available to us.
Culture - we will:
- be a great place to work and learn;
- work better together with partners to deliver care and support across care sectors, making best use of our people and technology; and
- excel at teaching, research, innovation and improvement and provide an environment where innovation thrives.