The UHB Phlebotomy Service provides a service to wards and clinics at University Hospital of Wales (UHW), University Hospital Llandough (UHL), Hafan y Coed, St David's Hospital and Barry Hospital, as well as Health Centres and General Medical Practices in the Cardiff and Vale Health Board area.
On average the Phlebotomy Service takes blood from more than 500,000 patients each year.
Please note: The service provided at St David's Hospital is only for Taff Riverside GP Surgery and is not available to the general public.
- For General Enquiries - Phlebotomy Manager – 029 2074 8190
- For Operational Enquiries - Phlebotomy Supervisors – 029 2071 5203
Barry Hospital Phlebotomy Service
Barry Hospital Phlebotomy Service is provided for GP patients in the Barry area. This an appointment only service.
Making your appointment
- Please ensure you have a pen and paper available to write your appointment time and date down.
- Phone lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30-15:30.
- Please do not arrive at the Hospital without having made an appointment, as the service is by appointment ONLY.
Attending the hospital
- Please note, appointments are for patients only and we expect the majority of patients to attend alone. We recognise this is not always possible, however this must be limited to one person to accompany the patient.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please take a seat when you arrive.
- You will be called at your appointment time by the phlebotomist.
- Please wear a face covering.
Please call to book an appointment at the following locations:
- Court Road Surgery
- The Waterfront Practice
- Vale Family Practice (Ravenscourt, St Brides, Porthceri)
- Highlight Park Medical Practice
- Sully Surgery
- The Practice of Health
- West Quay Medical Centre
Appointment booking number: 02920 748181, available Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 15:30.