Skip to main content

Referral for Specialist AAC Services

To receive an assessment and equipment from the service a person must match our eligibility criteria and be referred by a health professional registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.

Health professionals

If you are a health professional considering making a referral,  look through the information about the care pathwaycriteria and the referral form. Please contact the EAT service for the referral form password.

When you are ready, please print and complete the referral form and send it to us at

The form does ask for quite detailed information. This is to help us prioritise our responses and send the most appropriate staff and equipment out for the initial assessment.  Most initial assessments are done at the person’s home or a familiar place such as their school. This usually  involves several of our staff travelling.

Members of the public

If you are a member of the public and think the team can help you with communication difficulties, contact your local speech and language therapy service. They will assess your situation and they will refer you to us if appropriate.

Follow us: