We offer a wide range of services for our patients and for other departments and health professionals.
- Support and education, tailored to individual needs at diagnosis as well as ongoing education as the patient gets older.
- Dedicated outpatient clinics for children and teenagers (see clinic schedule).
- Nurse-led appointments for patients requiring extra input between routine outpatient appointments.
- Access to dietetic support during clinic as well as for patients requiring extra input between routine outpatient appointments.
- Access to psychology support during clinic as well as for patients requiring extra input between routine outpatient appointments.
- Paediatric Diabetes Nurse support and education for school staff, to be provided at diagnosis, if treatment changes, for school trips as well as if any problems arise or when new teachers become involved in diabetes management.
- Paediatric Diabetes Nurse support in patients’ homes when applicable.
- Support and education for extended family members, babysitters, friends etc.
- Specialist knowledge for managing patients on insulin pump therapy, including continuous glucose monitoring.
- Out of hours telephone advice service for patients and staff.
For other Departments
- Access to all the above services.
- Support and management advice for in-patients with diabetes.
- Provision of continuous education to all healthcare professionals and students.
- Advice to healthcare professionals from other Health boards/hospital trusts across the UK.