Skip to main content

I need support now - my child is in crisis

If you are extremely worried about your child’s mental health and feel they need help right away, we would advise that you try to see your GP for an emergency appointment. Your GP can contact CAMHS to ask for an urgent assessment if needed. If your GP surgery is closed, you can contact the out of hours GP. If your child is at risk of harming themselves, or in a state of crisis due to their mental health presentation, you also have the option of calling 999 or going to the Emergency Department at your local hospital.  Once your child is medically fit for discharge, the Emergency Department will make a referral to CAMHS. The Mental Health Risk Assessment will be completed at the hospital or at the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service.

Follow us: