The Integrated Children Community Nursing Service encompasses several service provisions within one overarching structure known as the ICCNS.
Our services include:
- The Children’s Community Nursing Service (CCNS) provides respite to families of children with complex health needs and life limiting conditions within their homes supported by qualified and unqualified staff. This team also provides a 24 hour on call service for additional support.
- The Children’s Community Link Nursing Service (CCLNS) meets the acute care needs of children closer to home.
- Special School Nurses, based at special schools across Cardiff and the Vale, support the health care of children with complex health needs in education settings.
- Paediatric Clinical Nurse Specialists providing End of life care to children with complex health needs within the acute and community setting.
- Wellchild Parent Trainers provide education and clinical skills to support families caring for their children with additional needs at home.
- Health & Education Support Workers provide one to one support within educational settings to children with additional health needs.
- Health Care Support Workers support Neurodevelopment clinics at St David’s Hospital
- Enteral Feeding Nurses provide specialist support to families with children requiring Enteral feeding.
- Wellchild Discharge Liaison Nurses support the safe discharge of children with complex health needs into the community setting
Return to Children, Young People and Family Health Services