Mental Health Services within Cardiff and Vale UHB cover community and in-patient settings. Our focused service is dedicated to supporting the Welsh Government Strategy `Together for Mental Health`
What we do
- We have always worked in collaboration, co-creating services with many engaged agencies, such as our charity and local authority colleagues.
- Our staff and service users have a long-term vision for increasing community care and shared care models.
- We are continuously raising public awareness across all services regarding mental health issues, which affect 1 in 4 people.
- We have community teams, primary mental health services and inpatient settings. We manage specialist services such as addictions, low secure and younger onset dementia care, plus many more. Find out more on our A-Z of Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health services embrace the recovery philosophy.
- We have a record of achieving what we set out to do to ensure the best care provision for service users and carers.
Reducing stigma is simply what it is all about.
Mental Health Charter
Every person in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan has the right to mental health services that:
- Make a positive difference to each person they serve.
- Stop doing things that are not working.
- Are guided by the individual's views about what hey need and what helps them.
- Treat everyone as a capable citizen who can make choices and take control of their own life.
- Work with respect, dignity and compassion.
- Recognise that mental health services are only part of a person's recovery.
- Recognise, respect and support the role of carers, family and friends.
- Communicate with each person in the way that is right for them.
- Understand that each person has a unique culture, life experiences and values.
- Give people the information they need to make their own decisions and choices.
- Support their workers to do their jobs well.
- Challenge "us and them" attitudes both within mental health services and in the wider society.
Mental Health Service Map
Mental Health services are constructed with the service user in mind, and the majority are provided within the community setting. Please take a look at this diagram which helps explain how we are set up.