Skip to main content

Referral for AAC Services

To receive an assessment and equipment from the service a person must match our  eligibility criteria and be referred by a health professional registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.

Health professionals

If you are a health professional considering making a referral,  look through the information about the care pathway, criteria and the referral form.

Do contact one of the team if things are not clear or if you have any questions. When you are ready, please print and complete the referral form and send it to us.

The form does ask for quite detailed information. This is to help us prioritise our responses and send the most appropriate staff and equipment out for the initial assessment.  Most initial assessments are done at the person’s home or a familiar place such as their school. This usually  involves several of our staff travelling.

Members of the public

If you are a member of the public and think the team can help you with communication difficulties, contact your local speech and language therapy service. They will assess your situation and they will refer you to us if appropriate.

Follow us: